Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh My Goodness....I actually am in college!!

Do you ever have things happen that you just think....Am I really supposed to be doing this?

I started OTC the 12th of this month. I was so excited!!

The week before I started the stomach virus had ran it's course through our house. All I could think was, Please let us be over it before Monday.

Well, here comes Colton at 6 am... "Mom, Mema needs to talk to you on the phone." I went to the phone and Mom tells me they're taking my dad to the hospital in the ambulance. At first it didn't quite sink in. I called Steve to tell him and he told me he was on his way home. Once he got there I ran out to take care of my Grandma and get her something to eat and then headed to Cox. I went in and found Mom and Dad.

Now, let me tell you being an EKG tech sometimes has its disadvantages and this happened to be one of them. I found my Dad hooked up to the AED with a heart rate of 10. Not good. The EKG was terrible. I hadn't seen so many LONG pauses. Well, I probably had, BUT they weren't on my Dad.

Like a trooper I left and headed for school. I knew Mom and Dad was in good hands and I couldn't do anything. I got to school....NO PARKING!!! What was I going to do? Call my husband and have a totally breakdown, of course. After a couple minutes of Tough Love on the phone as I drove around aimlessly missing every spot that somebody backed out of, I drove to the far end of campus and started my hike. 32 pound backpack in hand. I made it...3 minutes late...but I made it. Thank goodness I have the coolest teacher for English.

Well, the rest of the day wasn't too bad. My algebra teacher isn't my fave but I'll deal with it. So far I'm doing well in there.

Wednesday, I had went and bought a rolling backpack because I had decided that if I had to park at the fars end of the campus I wasn't going to pack that 32 pound thing. Instead, I drug the strap off of it because my stand in babysitter was running late and I was in a hurry and didn't notice the strap dragging on the ground.

Friday went off and I didn't have any problems. Maybe Murphy was picking on somebody else? Well, we didn't have class on Monday because of MLK day. Poor Murphy he had to leave me alone then too.

Wednesday... Murphy came knocking again. I stopped to get a coffee for the drive. I made it almost to Fair Grove and decided that my coffee should be cool enough to drink...well it probably would have been if it would have actually made it in my mouth. The lid wasn't on and it went all down the front of my shirt and light colored denim jeans. I asked myself, "Self, do you think anybody will notice?" Self laughed at me. One of those lay down on the floor rolling, my side hurts, belly laughs. So going over a mental map of Springfield, I went to Wal-Mart at Glenstone and Kearney bought clothes, changed in the bathroom and hurried once again to campus.

Friday...well, my wheel fell off my backpack. Let's just say...I'm going to get into shape. I'm back to packing that backpack though it's already starting to feel lighter.

Monday...I made it home before the freezing rain and sleet started and I didn't drink anything on the drive in and I left home at 7 to be at my 9 o'clock class...just in case.

Now...let's hope tomorrow goes okay.

No comments: