Wednesday, January 28, 2009



GOOD MORNING!!! The boys have waited all winter for snow. Especially Paden he got a new sled for Christmas and he has wanted to be able to sled everytime we got a little skift of snow. Big brother helped him down the hill towards Mema and Papa's house. In this picture they were packing the snow down so that the sled would go faster. It was really kind of funny, I spent 30 minutes dressing Paden and he stayed outside maybe 20 minutes. He didn't have any insulated gloves so I put two pair of his little unlined ones on. He couldn't understand why I put on two pair of socks. To him that just wasn't right. He had so many clothes on that the poor little guy couldn't get up on his own after he fell off the sled. We spent a lot of time picking him up. He loved to roll on the ground. Then he got snow on his face and that was all he wanted. He went inside at Mema's cause it was good and toasty in there.

When Paden went inside I decided I would push Colton down the hill. That was such a treat. I pushed him once and he wasn't ready and he fell face first in the snow. That was hilarious. Colton is like me and really has a serious side and the look on his face under all that snow was so priceless. Then I went to push him down the hill and was holding on to him to give him a running start and he veered one way and I went the other so we both wiped out. I don't think we take many moments to get down on that level and be kids again. We get so wrapped up with life and we forget to take the time to play.
This was a pretty awesome morning and even as much as I don't like the cold and I can't say I'm really fond of the snow. It turned out really awesome. This afternoon we might even have to do it again. If I ever get warm, that is.

No comments: