Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can someone help me?

I don't know where to begin. Years ago, I made a mistake in not being there for a friend. I was too busy with a new life and when this person needed me, I wasn't there. So many times I have looked back and wondered what would have happened if I would have been there. I'm sure there were others that I wasn't there for but this one person has haunted the corners of my mind for ages.

I ran across that person the other day on the internet. I made a few comments on their page and they did the same in return. All the while, I wondered, "Do they remember me?" I got my answer. They do. Now, do I say, "I'm sorry." Do I try to apologize for something that maybe they don't remember and they will think I'm crazy for even worrying about? Or, do I clear my conscience and let this person know what they really meant to me and how ashamed I am for not being the friend that they needed? Should I link my blog and hope that when they read this, they will know I'm talking about them?

I could use some help or reasoning if anyone wants to share.

2 comments:

~ Kim ~ said...

For what it worth,Confession is good for the soul, if I were your friend, it would please me that you cared for me still. In this day in time, we need all the friend's we can share. Ask her to forgive you, ask God to forgive you, forgive yourself. What a freeing experience Forgiveness is, it is the setting aright of relationships. Love Kim

lilcountrymom said...

Thanks, Kim! I appreciate your input! Hope this semester is going great for you!