Friday, February 13, 2009

BOYS ARE PIGS!!!

I live with a bunch of slobs. I'm not perfect but I can clean this house top to bottom and...BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOYS ARE PIGS!!! My Anatomy teacher told my class the other day, "It's the way they are programmed." Well, I want to find that program and reinstall a "cleaner" program.

I woke up this morning and thought when I walked into the living room that a monster must have came to my house in the middle of the night and threw up in it. TOYS, SOCKS, PILLOWS FROM THE COUCH...everywhere. "But Mom, I've been checking off my chore chart." "Really?", I say. "Is that why there are not any marks by Clean the Living Room, Vaccuum the Living Room?"

My preteens answer, "I kept my room clean all week." Now I know why the sudden interest in only going to HIS room only at bedtime. It keeps him and little brother OUT of his room so the "cleaning" part is much easier. I have also discovered after a trip to little brother's room where all the things are that I have asked to be put up are...THREW IN THE DOORWAY! "Well, he don't play in there that much. Can't we just store his stuff in there." A small trail that an ant could follow leads in the doorway and across the room. I was so proud the last time I cleaned this room, it only took two days, guess I'll have to work faster this time.

My husband has misplaced a box of tax papers in the storage shed. Like a bumbling idiot I had the hair brained idea I would go down there and find them. See I spent the greater part of a week sorting this shed and organizing it last summer so I knew that it would surely be easy enough to find. Right? Another bomb, only slightly larger, has reached my shed!! As I opened the door I truly had tears form. What has happened? It looks like a break in gone wrong. Instead of ransacking and taking, it's just been ransacked. "Oh, I'm going to go through that shed myself and you're going to start hauling all that stuff to Goodwill." Hmmm....I'm going to haul it to Goodwill and he's going to go through it. I really don't see that happening. First of all, there would be nothing left in the shed and second, I don't want to make that many trips.

I believe Spring cleaning is going to start today at the Rader house. Maybe I should use Colton's example. I'll only let everybody in the house when it's time for bed. Surely then my house will stay clean. Somehow though, I don't see that plan working. Instead I guess I'll just do like always and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but laugh - although, I get this! It took me two and half days to clean Lib's room this past summer and by September it was a wreck. I did cry. Now, I simply don't take little girls with messy rooms to cheer practice. Hmpf. I like the don't let them in until bed time idea. Ms. A