Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm declaring war!!


It's time to eat!! This is my favorite meal. I love cashew chicken, egg rolls and crab rangoon. I spent the afternoon making this a few weeks ago. The boys think that the "Green Stuff" doesn't go with the rest of it. I just rolled my eyes.
I've declared war on my midsection this week. As soon as I did, Steve went on a shopping spree at the day old bread store in Sedalia. I have a table loaded down with bread, cinnamon rolls, apple danish, fig type cookies and donuts. I have been doing well and not eating them. I turn my head as I pass and suck some more water down.
Colton has sprouted up and slimmed down lately. He rides his bike all the time. He got a new Mongoose from Santa this year that was silver and blue. It's a 21 speed and he's getting the hang of shifting gears. It's also an off road bike so he rides it all over these 120 acres. I think I'm going to have him dig my bike out and air the tires up and maybe I'll start off and ride with him. I'm not sure I can go as far as he does but anything is better than nothing.
You know in the 'good ole days' when I wasn't on the backside of thirty I could eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Dr. Pepper and survive. Now...not so much. If I even look at a Reese's I go up a pant size. Of course in those days most of my meals were...Isadora's buy a drink get a steak and potato... Ladies night all the pizza and beer you could consume... You know those healthy days? Okay, maybe not but we thought so at the time.
Well, it's time to get back in shape. After all, summer is upon us and if I even want to consider shorts I need to lose some weight. Wish me luck...Here I go!!!

No comments: