Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blue Plate Monday - Mountain Food


It's Blue Plate Monday

Over at (un)Deniably Domestic, Ms. Kelly is cooking up something good I'm sure. She has a few of us dedicated "Blue Platers" that love to share recipes and we would love it if you would come join in. So follow her plate and come on over. She gave away a beautiful handmade scrap basket apron last week in her Blue Plate Drawing. So let's see what she has special cooked up to giveaway now. Though just joining in this weekly fellowship of recipe exchanging is worth it to me.

My grandma raised six kids and me. We lived on a farm 6 miles east of Buffalo. Grandma still lives at the farm along with one of my uncles. My mom goes out daily to take care of her.

Saturday, I made Kelly's Biscuit Doughnuts for the boys. Colton, Paden and Steve have decided that it is a must keep recipe. So Sunday when Colton went to Grandma's with my mom he had to tell them all about my doughnuts that I made.

When I got out there later, we got to talking about recipes and things that were easy to make. See, I remember growing up Grandma always had a sit down dinner every night. We always had meat of some sort, vegetables, bread and some sort of desert, too. In the summer, we had stuff from the garden and lots of wilted lettuce.

The recipe that I'm sharing today is one of Grandma's. Now understand, it's like everything else of hers. She just whipped it up. It's not really measured and needless to say. That's how I fixed it, too.

My uncles named this recipe, "Mountain Food". Even though this is Grandma's recipe Grandpa would make it when they went hunting out in Colorado in a big Dutch oven over open fire. It's really easy and the boys loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regina - looks like a good comfort recipe to me! MMMMMMMmmmm! Thank you so much for participating. I am looking forward to keeping up with our blogging together! ~Ms. A