Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Journey...

I passed Human anatomy yesterday!!! (With an "A"!) I now only have two finals that I have to study for because the English final is laying on my desk waiting for it's final stamp of approval before being handed in tomorrow. I have an "A" in Psychology and I plan on it staying that way. That's the only one that I have to study EXTREMELY hard for. Algebra I have studied most of the weekend for and I feel pretty comfortable with it, I will probably review a little bit this afternoon though because my final in it is tomorrow. I also have an "A" in it.

So, I have "A's" across the board. These little houselike letters were not easy to come by. Like building a house, these little fellows are a lot of work, sweat and a few tears. And now that this first semester is almost complete, it's like I'm standing back and looking at the foundation that has just been completed.

I was never a straight "A" student in school but I never applied myself like I do now. I have three finals left and the semester is done. In a way, it's kind of bittersweet. I'm not that scared, woman walking into the unknown now. I'm more confident. I know that I can acheive straight A's and I also know that even if I butcher one test along the way it isn't the end of the world. I also know that you study everything, not just what you went over in class.

This summer semester is going to be some framework. I have a chemistry class and a nutrition class. Yes, I know I'm crazy for putting a chemistry class on my summer schedule. I know that I need to get from point A to point B, as quick as possible, but I also know that if you cut corners your house will fall down.

I have also made the decision to stay at OTC for my ASN in Nursing. I went to St. John's and met with them and even though I would like to go over there, I don't particularly care for the late night classes. Something about starting class at 7am for clinicals and ending at 10:30pm in a lecture setting gives me chills. I would never make it home!! I'd have to nap in the parking lot!

I had mapped a pathway when I started OTC, now I'm moving the brush and finding there's a road hidden where I thought there was only a path. It's two years to an ASN, it doesn't matter which way I go. I'm going the path I started down to begin with. Then, I'll cross the BSN bridge when I get there. (There's a pun there, by the way.)

I've climbed my first hill, I got started. Now, I'm sure there will be some more peaks and valleys along the way but the boys got me new boots for Mother's Day and I've got lots of tread and traction. Bring it on life. Here I come!!!

No comments: