Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break=Spring Cleaning

My house has kind of went to the far side the last 8 weeks. I try to keep it picked up but I haven't cleaned it. I started out yesterday morning cleaning my closet. Four boxes and two trash bags later I was finished. Last night Steve decided we should move the bed. We have a small house and my king size bed sits halfway across the window. This makes opening and closing the window extremely hard. With spring upon us, he decided if we turned the bed it would allow us to get to the window, thus allowing us to open and close the window at will to allow the breeze in. So this morning, I started in once again. Who knew people could acquire so much JUNK!!??? I have a saddle on a stand that was my grandpa's favorite saddle. When I worked for PFI, I had this saddle refinished and it has been on a saddle rack in my room ever since. Paden has discovered that you can climb up on it and sit. He has spent the last hour singing his rendition of "Clementine" with an old guitar and my cowboy hat sitting on the saddle in the middle of the kitchen where I have temporarily relocated it.

My and dad had to come over because "Billy Bob Tater" aka, Paden wanted them to see him. We have all been in stitches. It's amazing how when you hear a song you sometimes hear things different than what they are. This is Paden's rendition of Clementine and when I figure out how to upload my video camera I'll put it on hear but until then...

"Ole my Darling, Ole my darling, Ole my darling Clementine you are lost and gone forever and my papa wears underwear number nine." Now, I must say, from my standpoint he sounds a lot like the little boy that played Alfalfa on the Little Rascals, too.

Hope everybody is having a wonderful week! Time to go back to work.

No comments: