Friday, March 13, 2009

What's in my way...

I don't have one particular thing on my mind at the moment. I have a bunch of jumble going on. I think you could compare it to embroidery thread that you just throw the leftovers of skeins in a bag and how they become all twisted and knotted. I have anatomy and where am I going to get cabbage plants for my mother before I head home banging around in my brain. I try to bring the anatomy to the front so that I can focus but it's just not happening. When I open the book to study blank pages look back at me. I'm so confused. Who cares if a bone is intramembranous or endochondral? I guess I should that is what my essay question is about. Cabbage plants. Where in the world do I find cabbage plants in Springfield? Where is a greenhouse? I know this town pretty well and when she called and told me that she had this small little task my brain blanked out. It's just like opening that book with no words on the pages. I think it's on overload. It's shutting down.

I think to everything I want to accomplish on spring break. I'll never get it all done. But it's there. A list that is growing longer and longer. It's starting to be like an adding machine tape. Before long my head will pop open and it will start shooting paper everywhere. I have to get a grip. I have to take a deep breath.

No comments: