Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where I'd rather be...

The morning sun has just started its slow rise in the distance. It paints a brilliant picture using bright blues, purples and pinks over the top of the mountains. As I look out the window, I see the pond at the end of the newly green pasture. I can vaguely make out two miniscule black spots at the opposite side. The two black dots seem to be splashing about and I deduce that it must be the two large Shiras Moose that frequent it.

The Columbine and Goldenrod's seem to be lifting their heads to meet the suns first rays. I can hear the distant bugle of a bull elk as he calls to his herd. It's as if he is telling them to wake up and greet the day.

From above me, I can hear the muffled sound of footsteps. A steady drip, drip, drip can be heard to my right. An aromatic smell drifts through the air on the gentle breeze that comes in the open window.

Beneath my fingers, I feel the cool, smooth tops of the counters. My sweatshirt is soft against my skin and smells April fresh as it envelopes me. My legs crawl with goosebumps as the breeze cools my warm skin.

I reach for the coffee cup that is setting to my right and sip at the hot liquid. It's smooth and bold as it slides past my lips and down my throat leaving a burning trail as it goes. I can taste a hint of chocolate and whipped cream.

Thoughts of the days list of to-do's tumble through my mind. I shove them out as I take in my perfect place to be.

No comments: