Monday, April 27, 2009

Blue Plate Monday ~ Gina's Broccoli Pasta Salad





My awesome English teacher over at deniablydomestic.blogspot.com is now in her third week of Blue Plate Mondays. She is giving away the cutest little Scrap Basket Apron that has lots of meaning to her and she is willing to share that with the lucky winner. Come on and join the fun!


I went to the SuperCenter a few summers ago to get groceries. While standing over by the deli, I seen this beautiful salad in the case. The wanted an outrageous price for it so I bought a the smallest container they had then proceeded to pick it apart to figure out what was in it.

I made my own version, totally from scratch, and it turned out much better than theirs. I took this to a church function and everybody wanted the recipe. Anytime my mother in law comes over for a barbeque or we go down to her house for a family dinner this is the recipe that she always requests I bring. I don't have any pictures of it but it does turn out very pretty.


1# Vegetable macaroni, cooked and drained
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Red Onion, chopped
Carrots, shredded (however many you feel like using)
1 head cauliflour, chopped
1 bunch broccoli, chopped
1# cheddar cheese, shredded

Dressing:

1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 cups Miracle Whip
1 cup Eagle Brand Milk
1/2 tsp pepper
salt, to taste

I like to put the dressing on and let it set for at least a few hours but overnight is better.
Hope you enjoy.

No comments: