Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Journal Reflection

When I was told that we had to keep a journal I thought, "Great, I hate writing about my daily life because I never do anything exciting." Then, I jumped into it with both feet and actually started a little before our March 2 start date. Since that time, I have journaled feelings, happenings and recipes. I feel excited when somebody becomes a follower and I relish knowing that maybe I can brighten someones day.


I think I have changed as a writer over the course of the last few weeks because I no longer feel that I have to write. I now want to write, except on Mondays. Don't ask me why but Monday's are just horrid writing days for me. Yesterday was an exception to that but how could I not write about that cute, muddy, little boy.


I know that I didn't journal seven days a week but sometimes my days are so cluttered and by the time I sit down that I could journal I am so exhausted and my brain just shuts down. I learned that sometimes I should get up in the middle of the night when that inspiration hits because I think I could do some of my most powerful work at that time.


Blogging has become a part of my daily life. I look forward to coming home and reading the other students blogs (yes, I'm a lurker). I laugh when my husband says, "We're going to make the blog again, aren't we?" I think Steve has gotten as much enjoyment from this as I have.


Thanks, Ms. A. I just want you to know that I will continue blogging even after this last English 101 blog. You've opened a door of communication for me that will last long after the lights go out on our classtime together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, Regina, thank YOU. It is a joy to get to know through your writing. We will keep blogging together. I will keep reading if you keep writing! ~Ms. A