Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday evening

As I sit here, I hear George Strait crooning behind me. To my left, through the kitchen from the bedroom I hear Steve raising the roof with his snoring. His belly, full and content, from the Sweet and Sour roast I created, exotic rice, mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, and corn on the cob. Down the hall to my right, I hear the raucous behaviour of the soon to be four year old and 12 year old. They are joyously painting each other camoflauge with Colton's camo face paint. Shadow, the family Golden Retriever is pacing anxiously at the door wanting to go outside. Outside, I hear the sound of freezing rain beating against the windows. The wind blowing fiercely, rattling the metal roof. The sound sends a shiver through me.

As I look at Paden's birthday present that his paternal grandmother delivered late this afternoon, I think of warmer weather that surely will be here shortly.

I, mentally, make a list of the items I need to pick up this week for his birthday and for Easter next weekend.

The wind is picking up and my dinner is catching up with me, too. I yawn, tiredly. I need to load the dishwasher, give a bath, take a shower, pack my backpack and pick up the living room before I turn in. I think there is clothes that need folded and another load that could be started.

So off I go. I may turn the tea kettle on while I start my chores and then when I'm done it will be hot and I can have that hot cup of tea before I drift off to dream.

Sweet dreams everybody.

No comments: