Monday, April 13, 2009

Blue Plate Mondays @ (un)Deniably Domestic

Well, my English teacher has hit on a subject that is near and dear to my little heart...yes, food. Hopefully, she will share some of her kitchen binder with me (us) and I will be more knowledgeable on how to organize my meal plan, too. So come along on her new endeavor and join us in some recipe sharing. Make sure you link to her post at http://deniablydomestic.blogspot.com/!!



My submission to Blue Plate Mondays is a dish that I found in a recipe book. Like any other recipe, I don't know how to follow directions. I always add, substitute or like this recipe totally change things so that it's not really anything like what it was supposed to be when it started out.

See, I was going to make my "regular" Tuna Noodle Casserole but sometime unbeknown to me (slipped right out of my mind) I had used all of my egg noodles. So I dug around and figured the kids like Mac n Cheese, why not?

Colton named this Mom's Mac N Cheese with Tuna. Tonight he can call it Mom's Mac N Cheese with Ham because I have all this leftover ham and I thought, "What the hey." Hope everybody enjoys it. Even my picky eater likes it, as long as you hide the green peppers and onions. (Which, I chop absolutely minuscule.)

Ingredients:
1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery or I have used mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked (I use two because I like more meat.)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley, optional
Green Pepper from garden, optional
Onion, chopped

Directions:
Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in the soup, tuna and milk. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.

One more thing, I always add lots of seasoning. I have Paula Deen's Blend of Salt, Pepper and Garlic that I put in almost everything. AND I measure nothing so I hope I'm close on the above measurements.

1 comment:

Bea said...

Not a fan of tuna, but might tried it with ham or chicken. Bet my 18 month old grandson will like this.