Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Public School

My experience with public school greatly differed from the education that Sedgewick Bell received. I don’t recall ever studying Roman History. From the movie the teacher, Mr. Hundert, cared about the education of the pupils. He took the time to get to know each individual and he called them by name. I feel that I didn’t have any teachers that were so impassioned about their career as Mr. Hundert was. I do feel that I had teachers, as Mr. Hundert, that picked a favorite. Someone that they wanted to exceed and do well and that they gave special attention to that student. I would loved to have had an education like those kids had. In public school most times you are passed over. You must reach a set of goals supplied by the state and most teachers only strive to meet those goals. They do not try to surpass them as in a public teacher’s word, “They do not have the time.” I have seen far to many students leave the public school that could not read at level, count back change properly or numerous other little things that each will use in everyday life. The public school system is failing our children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen sister!!! ;)